NEW MEMBERSHIP: Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:1. Please check the eligibility dates below. 2. Complete the American Legion's membership application by clicking here. If mailing, print two (2) copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to our PO Box located on our "Contact Us" page. 3. Provide a copy of your DD214 or Discharge papers is a MUST. 4. Provide your Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Please make checks payable to "American Legion Post 65"; please DO NOT send cash. 5. Membership information is vetted, and if approved, a membership card will be mailed to you. Please, ensure the address on your application is correct.
TRANSFERING MEMBERSHIP: Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
- A completed Member Data Form.
- A copy of your DD214 or discharge papers.
- A copy of your Membership card.
Note - We will require Membership dues; if your card is not current, and if your membership is current, we will require your dues for the following year.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
- (April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
- (December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
- (June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
- (February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
- (August 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984) Lebanon/Grenada
- (December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
- (August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join "The American Legion" at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
You MUST have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
Don't hesitate to contact our 1st Vice Commander (membership chairman) or stop at the Post for any questions.